As business and IT service needs increase in complexity, the processes delivering and supporting them must be continuously improved to ensure business objectives are met. Process capability should be based on a comparison of an organization's current practice to industry standards and practices. Determining the most impactful improvement opportunities requires knowledge, experience and talent.
SCM's Approach to IT Process Maturity Assessments
SCM objectively assesses process capability and maturity with:
- A comprehensive collection of industry standards and governance compliance such as (ITIL V2, ITIL V3, Cobit, ISO 20000, CMMI, PCI, HIPPA)
- Defined method to plan and conduct the assessment
SCM delivers more than just a maturity level score. We have a wealth of practical experience in conducting assessments that deal with the critical components for an IT organization assessment such as:
- Strategic plans, decisions and actions that can quickly be implemented to improve IT Service Management and compliance
- Return On Investment What is the most cost-effective approach
- Road Map for the future Actions for continuous improvement
SCM’s Standardized Assessment Methodology
SCM works with customers to understand the IT business environment, as well as plan and conduct the assessment with defined methods. In 6 weeks, our standardized assessment process will take your organization to a state of solid planning, decision making and action taking. SCM makes it easier for you to initiate action and to make informed decisions.
- Planning: Assessment objectives, scope, activities and participants are defined.
- Conducting: Data on the organization’s processes is collected through interview sessions and documentation review.
- Analysis: In depth analysis is conducted on the findings.
- Reporting: Assessment results are presented
- Charter Planning: In depth workshop to establish future directions, roadmap and commitment.
- High-level observations and recommendations;
- Detailed process-specific observations and recommendations;
- Gap diagram with references to best practices and ITSM standards (ITIL, ISO 20000, Cobit);
- Solution Architecture Overview;
- Proposed action-oriented roadmap to ITSM/IT Compliance;
- Fast track steps to best practices ITSM/IT Compliance implementation;
- Risks and critical success factors of ITSM/IT Compliance for your organization;
- Proposed growth strategy.