We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Administrator to join our team in Victoria, BC. The position is responsible for the management, administration and operation of the company's Information Technology infrastructure:
- Day to day administration of all physical and virtual infrastructure resources - network, storage, servers, cloud and systems in multiple physical locations. This can include in our pureSCM offices or cloud based infrastructure environments.
- Design and implementation of infrastructure architecture to support staff, back office operations, software development and internal/external projects.
- Identification and execution of tactical and strategic infrastructure improvements to address efficiency, productivity and cost.
- In collaboration with project team, creation of tailored environments for software development and project support.
- Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft and/or Unix/Linux based WAN, LAN and wireless networks and associated devices including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Administer core security technologies – Firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, Microsoft Active directory and Access Control Lists.
- Install, configure, and maintain virtual platforms hosted internally and in the cloud - ESX, Hyper-V and Applogic.
- Administer user accounts, email and other support systems.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Monitor all hardware and critical software systems and take required actions to ensure performance and reliability.
- Develop and maintain Infrastructure Documentation, Infrastructure Roadmap and Business Continuity plan.
- Develop and implement a corporate backup management plan for all office-based and remote staff to ensure the minimization of losses in the case of workstation or laptop failure.
- Maintain an inventory of all business applications, virtual machines (both in-house and cloud based) to ensure optimal usage of infrastructure and environments.
- Develop and implement a corporate collaboration solution for all office-based and remote staff to ensure that documents, files, etc. are available to the appropriate staff as required.
- Work with our existing VOIP phone system contractor to develop a working knowledge to maintain and administer our Asterisk/Aastra VOIP phone system
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of network hardware and software.
- Perform and/or oversee operating systems and applications installation, configuration, and patching according to pureSCM policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Two-year technical diploma or degree in computer studies or related field.
- Minimum five years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant technologies and tools – WAN, LAN, VLAN, DNS, WINS, VPN, IPSEC, PPTP, LDAP, Active Directory, Windows Server and workstation products, Microsoft Domain and Server administration, ESX, HYPERV, Windows Server and workstation products, Unix and Linux
- Relevant training and certification from related vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, CISCO etc will be well regarded
- Understanding and/or experience with programming languages and software development technologies will be well regarded - Java, .NET
Please forward resumes by email to