CA Software Change Manager End User (formerly Harvest End User)
The CA SCM End User course is designed to provide end-users with the skills needed to properly utilize CA Software Change Manager in their day to day job functions. This course will cover topics including CA Software Change Manager concepts and facilities, your organization’s lifecycle and process design, RFC Creation, checkin, checkout, promotion and approval functionalities. This is a hands-on course where participants complete lab exercises providing them with actual experience with CA Software Change Manager.
Click here to contact PureSCM to inquire about dates, prices or any other questions.
Classroom and On-Site Instructor Led Training. This course is customizable to specific client requirements upon request.
Product Release(s) Trained On
- AllFusion Harvest 5.x and 7.x
- CA Software Change Manager 12.x
Prerequisites - Knowledge and Courses
- Microsoft Windows NT/XP/2000 operational skills
- Development, Business Analyst or Project Management experience.
Next Steps - Suggested Courses
It is recommended that for senior developers operating in a concurrent development methodology take the follow on Advanced End User CA Software Change Manager 2 day training course.
Audience – Who Should Attend
- Application Developers,
- Business End Users,
- Configuration Administrators,
- Subject Matter Experts,
- Test Designers,
- Business Analysts,
- Business Team Members,
- Key Resource Project Managers,
- Test Analysts, and
- Test Managers
Knowledge & Skills You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the CA Software Change Manager CM Components and Architecture at your site
- Understand the complete development life cycle implementation.
- Initiate Processes Using the CA Software Change Manager CM Workbench User Interface
- Create RFC’s using the Workbench or Web form.
- Check-out, modify and check-in code related to RFC’s
- Modify, approve, reject, promote and demote RFC’s
- Understand notifications.
Course Outline – What Topics Will Be Covered
Module 1 –Process Model
- Define the definition of Change and Configuration Management
- Define the user groups and roles they play in the development life cycle
- Identify and demonstrate the implementation of the life cycle model in CA Software Change Manager.
Module 2 – CA Software Change Manager Client Topics
- CA SCM Workbench security and logon
- Identify the basic characteristics of the CA SCM Workbench
- Define CA SCM contexts and show how to establish them
- RFC Creation using Workbench
- Business Analysis RFC Management such as:
- RFC Creation
- RFC updating
- RFC approval
- RFC promotion
- RFC rejection
- RFC demotion
- RFC Notifications
- Deficiency Reporting
- Finding, selecting and filtering to locate CA SCM Versions, Packages, and forms
- Use the CA SCM interfaces to execute development processes such as:
- Create RFC
- Check out/in
- List Version
- List Differences
- Promote/Demote packages and
- Package Group Usage
- Release Management
- Designer Integration
- Linear Development
- Concurrent Development (Branching, Merging)
- Parallel Development (Branching, Merging)